One thing I’m going to be adding to my blog posts are about products I’ve purchased that I’m excited about or are new to me.
This blog post is about my first purchase from the company, My Favorite Things. Another nickname for this brand is MFT, in case you see it or hear it in crafting videos or descriptions. I was watching a craft haul from Amy R. of Prairie Paper and Ink (check her out, she is one of my favorite cardmakers) and she was showcasing this kit. I fell in love with the items she was showing and I knew I HAD to purchase the kit! She mentioned she has a weakness for kitchenware. My kitchen isn’t filled to the brim with fun kitchen stuff, but her comment made me nostalgic. When my husband and I moved into our first place together, the kitchen was the first room I wanted to furnish with homey items that are probably viewed as kitschy. This desire followed me to spend money on countless items I thought we needed to try and make it “matchy matchy” and “cute”. We’ve thinned out our “kitchen crap” (my husband’s phrase of the items that ended up at Goodwill) but I’m not going to lie… when we move into our next home, I’ll probably feel that itch again.
Anyway,I bit the bullet and purchased the card kit the next morning! It was fairly easy in navigating the site and locating the card kit. In fact, the Card Kit section did a great job of explaining how the monthly kits work.
- A new kit is released each month and once it’s sold out, it isn’t re-stocked
- The individual products in the kit are available roughly 6 weeks after the kit release
- Each month the contents of the kits vary so price points change too.
One thing that I think is FANTASTIC is that each monthly card kit also includes a sheet that tells you what you’re exactly getting, pictures of some cards made by the design team members, and then online/social media you can find a full gallery of the projects! Awesome way to be inspired to get the most out of the products!
So, as of today, MFT offers free domestic shipping for purchases over $75. The card kit was $71.99 so I perused the website to find another item to qualify for free shipping (yes, I’m one of those shoppers). I found some ¼ inch double-sided adhesive tape so yay, free shipping! My order was processed within a day and shipped a day after that! It arrived in great condition and actually faster than I anticipated (Priority Mail 2-day shipping).
- Nice presentation (all my items enclosed in a sturdy box and wrapped in pretty pink tissue paper)
- All the card kit items enclosed in a large re-sealable plastic baggie which was nice that the items weren’t bouncing around during transit
- A piece of candy (it was a dinner mint, what a cute touch!)
- My free “HUGS” die (FYI- You get a free die with a purchase over $60) felt sturdy as I become a little skeptical with flimsy feeling metal dies.
What’s Included in the Card Kit?
- 12 sheets of card stock: 4 sheets of Smooth White, “Blue Yonder”, “Bubblegum”, “Daffodil”, “Gumdrop Green”, “Orange Fizz”, “Ripe Raspberry”, “Summer Splash” and “Tropical Teal”. I don’t know the cardstock specs, but it definitely feels like sturdy and high-quality cardstock. The colors are gorgeous and vivid!
- 2 clamshell containers containing 4 cubes each of mini ink cubes. Colors included: Blue Yonder, Bubblegum, Daffodil, Gumdrop Green, Orange Fizz, Ripe Raspberry, Summer Splash, and Tropical Teal.
- Kitschy Kitchen 4”x8” stamp set AND coordinating dies (MFT calls their dies Die-namics). The stamp set is made up of 27 stamps and the die set contains 21 pieces!
- You Bake Me Happy 4”x6” stamp set. This set contains 13 stamps of cute sentiments. These sentiments were what sealed the deal for me in purchasing them. I’m such a sucker for puns and quirky images and phrases.
So, I’m really excited for using this card kit to try out these cute products and to test out if MFT is another brand I’ll be adding to my crafty supply collection. I’m most excited to try out the cubes and the cardstock! I have purchased some fun Lawn Fawn kitchen themed sets/dies and I think this MFT kit will complement them nicely. Plus the diversity of the images and sentiments, I can picture myself making different cards and tags throughout the year. I’m also thinking of using the fun ink colors and cardstock to create retro-looking or funky looking cards for those loved ones that love the unusual.
I’ll keep you updated on how I like the MFT products and what I end up creating! Have a wonderful day!